Transforming ideas into patents, business plans and investment
About C3's commercialization core
C3's commercialization core is a dedicated resource for faculty, staff and students at partner universities and colleges that will help move great ideas and research to products on the market for public benefit.
Participating institutions in this technology transfer initiative include:
When to disclose
- Idea reduced to practice
- Before discussing your idea with anyone unless under confidentiality and on a need-to-know basis
- Before public disclosure through paper or presentation
- On a per-project opt-in basis - institution champion will refer projects to C3 after submitted per university/college policy
The downloadable Idea Disclosure Form is for use by faculty, staff and students of C3 partner universities and colleges.
Other C3 services
- Patent landscape search and assessment
- Grant support
- Industry-sponsored research opportunities
- Collaborative research
- Subject matter expert matching
- Statewide cooperation on new opportunities, such as the National Institutes of Health’s Research Evaluation and Commercialization Hub (REACH) grant award that will bring $6.6 million for early-stage health technology investments through the KYNETIC initiative. Learn more here.
Future innovation priorities
- Hire intellectual property development manager
- Engage university administration, faculty and students in the technology commercialization process and encourage forthcoming disclosures
- Set up office hours on campuses and host additional topic-specific and department-level presentations
- Hire fellows/interns from C3 partner universities
- Pursue grant opportunities to enhance the services that C3 provides