Empowering life-changing moments across the commonwealth
C3 Legal aims to advance the network of high-quality, affordable legal resources available to startup companies in Kentucky.
C3 is currently building a foundation to partner entrepreneurs with industry leader mentors.
MIT REAP fosters an evidence-based, practical approach to strengthening innovation-driven entrepreneurial ecosystems around the world.
This Legal Needs Assessment for Kentucky Entrepreneurs serves as the foundational basis for C3 Legal. The assessment was researched and authored by Amanda Kool, made possible through funding by Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), and published by the Kentucky Bar Association in early 2019.
Three Prongs of C3 Legal
Connections to Counsel
- Front door for startups in need of legal education, resources and counsel
- Connect startups to appropriate, high-quality and affordable legal services
- Implement measures to incentivize participation and bridge gaps
- Bolster classroom and experiential opportunities across law schools
- Facilitate connections between students, entrepreneurial communities and the private bar to grow the pool of legal talent in Kentucky’s startup ecosystem
- Offer startup continuing legal education courses and other educational opportunities
- Serve as connective tissue for entrepreneurs, startup attorneys and law schools
- Introduce platforms and projects to connect startup attorneys to one another across distances and specialties and facilitate collaboration for mutual gain
- Position Kentucky’s collective talents to function as a national thought-leader
As we continue to build a foundation for success by strategically pursuing accelerator leadership and the best industry partners, we are not yet taking applications for the accelerator. We look forward to sharing more details about an upcoming launch soon!
Kentucky is the first region in the U.S. to be accepted into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Regional Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program. MIT REAP admits up to nine regions annually to participate in the two-year program with MIT. MIT REAP is designed to help regions understand their entrepreneurial ecosystem, and then develop and implement a plan to grow innovation-driven enterprises.
Kentucky’s MIT REAP team, Accelerate Kentucky, is working specifically to find the tools needed to build high-growth companies in the state, as well as develop a mechanism to engage successful native-Kentucky entrepreneurs in mentor roles of up and coming founders in the state. The Kentucky team is building a culture that inspires, supports and sustains entrepreneurship through utilizing Kentucky’s diverse resources.